Friday, March 5, 2010

The Final Chapter

In conclusion, after doing this cultural connection assignment I got to excperience another cultures way of thinking. I became one of them and stayed amongst them to understand what constructed their LGBT community to have such a discrimination agaisnt those of their own kind. In the heterosexual world we do not see it as an issue, but there is a sociological bigger picture. A famous sociologist named Karl Marx basically said that we do not make our decisions, and that the decisions we do make is influenced by society. I noticed that this culture is no different from any other culture. In all cultures every idea is influenced by society. The idea of the "biphobia" is constructed by the community within itself. Even though the reasons to discriminate agaisnt bi- sexual females may be logical in their eyes, it is also and idea that has been influenced. One term used in public speaking is that communication is irreversable, once you say something you can not take it back. I realized that the same connection is made here. Once society throws an idea out there it's irreversable, the idea will begin to spread and if its the new phenomena people will believe it. Doing this cultural connection assignment help me realize that discrimination is everywhere even in those cultures who we believe is to be very accepting amongst their own. Many of the videos I found were on youtube the url is: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wvjoc7UYFWA also I learned that we all are different and even though society depicts the LGBT community as evil, and sinful, and nasty we all have try to relate in cultures. Also I realized that society will always have an everlasting impact on ideas from every culture. Sociology makes this world go around.

No comments:

Post a Comment