Thursday, March 4, 2010

My initial thought

Before I did this project about the LGBT community, I had the understanding that they are people just like heretosexual people. Some initial thoughts I presumed about their community is that they would love, and cherish all types and variations of their community. After the 1970's the LGBT community fought to try to gain respect, and recieve the same rights that heterosexual people do. The battle was not easy many of them were being bashed and discriminated agaisnt because of their sexual preference. As time goes on certain rights were granted to them in certain states such as gay marriages. I was encouraged by this minority because they wanted to be equal and fought for what they believe in. As a result many people would believe that they would accept all variations of their people, because they understood that there is a society thats is agaisnt them. However, my overall question that I want to understand is, Why is their discrimination in the LGBT community about people sexual preferences and people "Labels" of who they are? also who constructed it to be this way?

No comments:

Post a Comment