Friday, March 5, 2010
The Scholarly Article.... and Interviews.
Finally I got to conduct two interviews with individuals who identities will remain anonymous. To summarize the interviews, each interviewer was asked a series of questions that relates to the biphobic epidemic. Some questions that were ask is were they themselves are biphobic? Why do other individuals from the LGBT community discriminate agaisnt the Bi- Sexual individuals? Other questions that I asked pertained to their views about how society conforms their thoughts and do they believe that their thoughts abnout biphobia was influenced by other individuals from that community. To summarize the interview we all came to the conclusion that the the discrimination agaisnt bi- sexuals is an idea that was socially constructed. To exemplify this I asked how would they know if a male or female is bi- sexual if they do not say nothing? Is there a way to tell or understand if they are? After asking them the questions they came to realize that the idea is socially constructed. Also what I found out through them is their personal opinion on bi- sexuals females. In their eyes the only thing that is wrong with the bi- sexual people is that they have a tenancy to cheat if they find someone interested of the opposite sex. It occured to me from the interview that their main issue was the trust level, and also health issues that falls under the issues. I read a scholarly article called "Speaking Out Loud about BIsexuality", the author is Daniel Welzer- Lang. The article can be found in Journey of Bisexuality 2008 Vol. 6. In this article it sepaks about a survey that was taken in the Euromeditteranean summer school of homosexuality. The goal was for the authors to understand the term of biphobia amongst gays and lesbains, and to also bring up a discussion about bi-sexuality that has been avoided in conferences for the past years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment