Thursday, March 4, 2010

The LGBT experience

So my lgbt experience revolves around my experience at a couple of clubs. Also I decided to do a little test for myself to see if the research was proven to be true. In one week I went to three different clubs where they basically have a gay night. The three clubs were Club Envy, Dolce, and CC's. My experience being amongst them did not made me feel uncomfortable at all. I went with four of my friends two were guys, and two were girls. However, each of of the genders were at least bi- sexual, or lesbian/ gay. My experiment at the club was to see if this bi- sexual epidemic really exists and suprisingly after the night was out I realized that it did. The experiment was they had to approach 10 people from their same sex, and try to get a number from the person that shows interest in them, the catch was that they must disclose their sexual orientation to them. If they do not get a number they were to show me the individual and I asked questions why. To summarize the results; my female, and male friend that is bi-sexual in total came back on average between 5-10 numbers in total from the clubs. After asking some of the club attendees that they have spoken to, I found out some interesting information. Many of them did not like the fact that they were bi-sexual. The question of does it matter was asked to them, and the response was yes. I also asked why do they have their views and most of them said that it is an idea that has been going around the community, and there are even times where you are not respected for dating someone who is bi- sexual. However, my gay and lesbian friend proved to be more successful because they were of the norm that the LGBT community accept among them. After doing this experiment it seems as if the LGBT community themselves is an out- group but is also consisted of the in- group of the bi-sexuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment