Thursday, March 4, 2010

What Did I find Out?

Doing some research I came across another blogsite, and also some information regarding the discrimination of sexual preferences and labels. One blogsite that I encountered was about they Tyra Show. In the episode of the Tyra show she was addressing the same issue that I am doing the blog about. In her show she introduced the LGBT community as a community that has many issues within themselves. The terms that were introduced into her show was Bi-phobia, Ex- gay, and many others. Also in this show she had different people from the LGBT community come and give their thoughts on it. Some thoughts that were presented by a lesbian was that Bi- sexualism is bogus and unreal. It also seemed that the lesbian believe that there is no such thing as having the best of both worlds. Also another issue that was presented was the transgender. People in the community did not understand or come to the conclusion of what exact sexual orientation they transgendered are. It was even brought up does trangered people should be a part of the community? Amongst other research I found an article names "Put the B back in LGBT" written by Chrysanthe Tan. Basically she discusses the discrimination and hatred that has been presented agaisnt bi- sexuals in the gay community also the transgendered. After reviewing these blogs, and the article, this gives me the conformation that this discrimination is a big epidemic that has swept this community. I delpore the thought of the discrimination because people fought to have rights because they were a part of that community. Also I noticed that this was also socially constructed over time. I noticed that in the community they seem to adore the norms which is completely being with the same sex and only the same sex. Looking at these articles it seems as if it's taboo to like both sexes.

No comments:

Post a Comment